A film review
After a long break, I am thrilled to be posting again. There is, sadly, no lack of material.
However, I would like to begin on a neutral note and add a few lines about a film I recently saw.
I recently watched "An Affair to Remember" with Cary Grant. I was rather offended by the title, but the promptings of a friend encouraged me to check it out. The film is brilliantly woven. Two people meet and fall in love, but prudently put off pursuing a serious courtship, each having a few loose ends.
They become estranged, and loose contact completely. Each party is greatly dismayed. They are brought together once again by beauty. More preciesely, a particular piece of art. Their mutual love for it's beauty draws them back together.
This can be found also in people who "reconvert" to the faith. After falling away, they find themselves returning to a beautiful moment in their past connected with the Church. I have most often found these memories to be ones surrounding Christmas and Easter. While their love of the beauty of the traditions surrounding those holidays is not a trancendent love, it lifts them up to our dear Lord.
Anyways, this film is very well done, and I would highly recommend it.
However, I would like to begin on a neutral note and add a few lines about a film I recently saw.
I recently watched "An Affair to Remember" with Cary Grant. I was rather offended by the title, but the promptings of a friend encouraged me to check it out. The film is brilliantly woven. Two people meet and fall in love, but prudently put off pursuing a serious courtship, each having a few loose ends.
They become estranged, and loose contact completely. Each party is greatly dismayed. They are brought together once again by beauty. More preciesely, a particular piece of art. Their mutual love for it's beauty draws them back together.
This can be found also in people who "reconvert" to the faith. After falling away, they find themselves returning to a beautiful moment in their past connected with the Church. I have most often found these memories to be ones surrounding Christmas and Easter. While their love of the beauty of the traditions surrounding those holidays is not a trancendent love, it lifts them up to our dear Lord.
Anyways, this film is very well done, and I would highly recommend it.

2 Comments:
At 3:44 PM, September 02, 2007,
C. Marie Byars said…
I, too, am a Christian. But not all the "Christian" stuff on the internet is as well thought-out as yours, or, indeed, helpful. We seem to have some overlapping interests, though. Take care!
At 8:47 PM, September 02, 2007,
Andrea said…
I must say, I've read some of your blog and you're quite entertaining! Maybe you should write a book someday!
Sincerely,
Andrea Gleason
Post a Comment
<< Home