The Flight of the Butterfly

Monday, September 03, 2007

Nothing erudite or witty (of course) - just a tidbit

Well, as I write this, I feel like a person of some importance. In the space of just two weeks, I have become president and an editor of a rather good newspaper. My new role as El Presidente was certainly by default only. But as Edmund Burke once said something to the effect that "all that is necessary for disaster is for good men to do nothing." I won't even comment on whether that men was restricted to the male sex or not, and if you are looking for something along that line, point your browser elsewhere and run far away.

So I'm president of a conservative book reading group. This semester, we will be reading Newman's "Idea of a University."

Any thoughts on that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home